WE are a business intelligence
solution provider based on big data
We Provide Customized Solutions in…
We Help Our Clients to…
All products are bulit purely on Data Warehouse
technology marked by improvements on
performance and stability
Proprietary distributed real-time computing
framework with great stability & reliability dealing
with large scale concurrent streaming data
Industry leading NLP technology for processing mass
contents from various media and is well suited for
multiple analytical demand scenarios
Web Dissector is our analytics tool for online user interactions with pages on customer websites. By monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators such as clicks, page views, sessions, conversion rates and sales – and doing so at every pixel on a web page – Web Dissector precisely measures the effectiveness of online promotional activities and detects click fraud. Web Dissector can easily process over 30 million user page views per day on a customer’s website, and customers typically deploy Web Dissector to measure performance on several customer websites. This pioneering product, initially released in 2009, is built entirely on OLAP structures. The capabilities of Web Dissector include:
• Online operational data analysis. Web Dissector provides a comprehensive set of features for analyzing online operational data, including basic operational statistics such as number of page views, unique visitors, sessions, bounce rates and time spent on site, and derivative statistics such as user loyalty, visit frequency and monetization metrics. • Pixel-level interactive “heat maps.” Web Dissector uses Gridsum’s patented webpage heat map technology to collect information associated with all mouse activity at every pixel on a customer web page and present the results in a highly interactive visualization – in which customers select any region on the web page and drill down for all operational data associated with it. Customers use this information to measure performance and optimize web page design.
• Multi-dimension drill-down analysis.Customers use Web Dissector to perform multi-dimension drill-down analysis in real time and generate customized real-time analytic reports. Web Dissector leverages Gridsum’s interactive data mining of all the data items it collects, enables customers to perform in-depth data analysis for insight discovery and validation.
• Click fraud detection. Customers use Web Dissector to detect and analyze fraudulent traffic on their websites. Web Dissector’s machine learning capability builds models of fraudulent clicks and automatically identifies suspect clicks. Customers then use our interactive data mining capabilities to validate whether the suspect clicks are authentic user behavior or click fraud.
• Online asset assessment. Web Dissector enables customers to better understand and manage their critical online assets, such as web pages, videos, downloadable documents and visitor reviews, by providing visibility into online user visits to these assets and analyzing how each asset contributes to the overall user experience and the effectiveness of website advertisements.
• User behavior analysis. Web Dissector analyzes visitor browsing behavior, including visitor identification, device information and system settings, browsing paths and on-site activities, enabling customers to analyze and drill down on factors that affect website visitor conversion rates.
• Online performance optimization. Web Dissector assesses the performance of online operations based on customer-defined key performance indicators, of KPIs. It also enables customers to conduct A/B comparison tests of different web page designs. Based on these results, customers make decisions and enhance the performance of their online operations.
• Online advertisement delivery and performance analysis. Web Dissector identifies and tracks each aspect of a customer’s advertisement, including location on a webpage, content, timing, media and channel of delivery, and analyzes the impact on performance of each variable.
Mobile Dissector is our monitoring and analytics tool for mobile applications. It helps developers understand user activity, gain insight into users’ interactive behavior, improve user experience with the application and retention rate. Mobile Dissector also helps advertisers monitor characteristics of mobile audiences on mobile web sites and apps, user behavior and the value of different mobile channels. Supporting all major mobile operating systems, it monitors and analyzes the distribution and usage of applications, user in-app behavior, hardware and operating system, geographic information and other data anonymously through a software development kit on the mobile application. Capabilities of Mobile Dissector include: • Mobile application promotion and distribution analysis. Mobile Dissector tracks download and usage of mobile applications, and analyzes user behavior to assess the performance of different promotions. Mobile Dissector’s comprehensive analysis of the performance of in-app advertisements includes conversion rate at each step of user’s purchasing process, conversion of navigation paths between different interfaces during the registration process, and KPI conversion rates for users based on geographic data. • Mobile apps data analysis. Mobile Dissector collects data and provides analysis about user behavior on customers’ mobile applications. This data includes total number of users, breakdowns of new and continuing users, frequency of use, and time spent using the mobile applications. • Error and exception tracking. Mobile Dissector automatically tracks information about errors that occur on the customer application and collects information related to users’ mobile devices, operating systems and internet connection methods. Mobile application developers leverage this feature to pinpoint problematic code and resolve problems quickly. • Custom event analysis. Mobile Dissector includes a flexible event function to assess user behavior. With no advance configuration required, customers can apply this feature to analyze user behaviors as diverse as conversion rates at different steps in the purchase process, the number of video replays by the user, or user sharing and bookmarking activity. • Multi-dimensional drill-down analysis. Mobile Dissector provides flexible multi-dimensional analysis in real time, rather than displaying data in a fixed report format. This enables customers to complete queries real time to assess the influence of various factors of interest. • App life-cycle analysis. Customers using Mobile Dissector can monitor user retention by day, week or month, and assess the influence of dozens of retention rate indicators. Mobile Dissector’s valid activation indicator helps customers determine which activations of the app are most likely to be valuable. • Cross platform analysis. Mobile Dissector is used on multiple platforms, including iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. It can aggregate data from multiple platforms simultaneously, and from multiple applications. This solution enables customers to compare and analyze data from various applications on different platforms as needed.
Contribution Dissector is our long term user behavior and channel analysis tool. It tracks and analyzes the user behavior over the entire user life cycle from original access to ultimate conversion, tracing that behavior over years and various conversion data points, and applies various attribution model algorithms to the data. Customers assess advertisement results across media outlets, connect off-line conversion, analyze contribution from each channel to the ultimate conversion process and optimize online businesses. Website operators use Contribution
Dissector to evaluate the performance of their advertising campaigns across media outlets, connect off-line conversion, analyze historical channel contributions to the ultimate conversion or sale, and allocate their advertising resources efficiently based on the results. The capabilities of Contribution Dissector include:
• Identify conversion paths. Contribution Dissector aggregates user behavior data and performs multi-dimension analysis of the combinations of factors that have led to conversion or sale over an extended period of time. By identifying metrics for the conversion paths, such as number of conversions, number of users, length, time consumed on the path, expenses, value and return on investment, Contribution Dissector assesses the efficiency of different paths. Based on that analysis, customers determine effective combinations of advertising channels and the frequency of ad placements.
• Integration of online and offline data. Contribution Dissector integrates online data sources and offline data sources, using unique field identifiers that link quantity, value and status of online and offline data. This solution tracks the entire lifecycle of users, learning user characteristics and assessing the effectiveness of ad placements in generating offline user conversion, tracking changes in order status and other information.
• Multiple attribution models. Contribution Dissector moves beyond simple “last click” attribution by providing multiple attribution models that allow customers to evaluate the performance of their advertising campaigns in multiple channels that may have contributed to the ultimate outcome. Customers customize or create their own advanced attribution models based on the attribution models in Contribution Dissector, including First Click, Last Click and All Clicks.
• Multi-dimensional analysis. Contribution Dissector offers a uniquely flexible analysis of visits, conversion and source, helping customers accurately analyze the ways that ad placements contributed, directly and indirectly, to meaningful user conversions such as product purchases. Customers leverage cross-correlations across more than a hundred dimensions – including browser, operating system, advertising key word, advertising medium, advertising source, advertising campaign, city and province – to gain a clear view of the effectiveness and value of various marketing channels.
• Marketing channel analysis. Contribution Dissector analyzes the performance of different marketing channels at different stages of an advertising campaign.
• User behavior playbacks. Contribution Dissector traces long-term user behavior and provides customers with historical website visit records for single users. Customers use the data to conduct research on the long-term user behavior and prepare effective long-term marketing strategies.
Media Dissector is our mass media, social media and user-generated content media monitoring and analytics tool. Media Dissector applies distributed cloud computing crawler technology to capture media information on the internet. It uses Chinese Natural Language Processing technology such as word segmentation, named entity recognition and Chinese information processing technology to process information and provides correlation analysis to enable drill downs for information discovery. The capabilities of Media Dissector include:
• Information overview. Media Dissector provides visualized overview of the media information our customers are concerned with, such as the conditions of their products and reputation of their company.
• Named entity analysis. By analyzing the named entity from eight different perspectives, Media Dissector helps customers to understand the primary cause of a media event and restore the online dissemination process of public opinion.
• Media event analysis. Media Dissector automatically recognizes, collects and aggregates media events from information available on the internet. It analyzes the cause and effect of media events and provides comprehensive online public opinion analysis based on media events.
• Media event participant profiling. Without disclosing user personal data, Media Dissector provides profiles of common attributes of participants at a media event, such as gender and geographic location.
• Sentiment analysis. Media Dissector automatically identifies subjective information on the internet, determines the overall contextual polarity of such information, extracts the major opinions, discovers sensitive comments and provides evaluations for our customers’ public relations.
Law Dissector is our search and statistical analysis tool for legal research. It utilizes our natural language processing technology and applies data science methodology in the legal industry. Law Dissector summarizes the key attributes of each legal case and aggregates them in a broader statistical scope, which enables judges, lawyers and researchers to find implied patterns or rules that would be valuable for their respective professional objectives. The capabilities of Law Dissector include:
• Information retrieval. By combining legal professional insights with Chinese natural language processing technologies, Law Dissector is able to develop a deep understanding of various kinds of legal documents. In the case of judicial verdicts, Law Dissector enables customers to query on matters such as the litigants, litigators, judges, cause of actions, keywords, evidences, applicable rules and regulations, verdicts and the amounts claimed and collected. Law Dissector also provides multiple relevant sorting choices, such as date or verdict complexity.
• Powerful aggregation. In modeling legal documents, Law Dissector groups extracted data in a multi-dimensional fashion, and allows for in-depth statistical legal research.
• Intelligent case analysis. Law Dissector allows for the input of a specific question, a paragraph of case description, or even an entire plaintiff complaint. By parsing the input with its natural language processing engine, Law Dissector retrieves actual verdicts that are most similar to the input, and summarizes the causes of action, verdicts, major evidence and the rules and regulations applied. This function enables legal professionals to conduct fuzzy searches without the need to refine the keywords, and can provide valuable tips for legal professionals.
Information Dissector is an insightful analytical system developed to provide stock price predictions based on market sentiment in Chinese equity markets. Information Dissector gathers information from many sources, such as news, blogs, forums and analyst reports, maps each piece of information to particular industries and companies, and processes the information into specific metrics used as input for complex time-series models and algorithms. The capabilities of Information Dissector include:
• Accurate grasp of market sentiment. Since there is too much information on the internet and only some of it is useful for predicting stock price movements, we manage our sources to minimize contamination of irrelevant information. We also adopt our Chinese natural language processing technologies with respect to word segmentation, sentiment analysis, and entity name recognition, so that we derive metrics and correlations and produce high quality data.
• Solid quantitative evidences. With built-in insights from the financial industry, Information Dissector is able to derive multiple metrics to measure the market sentiment towards a specific stock. Two most important metrics are Mentions and Sentiment Score: Mentions records the frequency that a particular stock is mentioned, Sentiment Score analyzes the sentence to determine whether the news is favorable or not. Such metrics are mapped on a time scale and can then be used for time series models to detect if they have strong correlation with the stock price movement.
• Intuitive visualization interface. Information Dissector has an intuitive and interactive visual interface that presents all the relevant information with respect to a specific stock, and enables users to find patterns by applying different filters, such as time or entity.
TV Dissector is our analytics tool for internet protocol television, internet television, cable television, satellite television and digital television. It monitors and analyzes viewer behavior and provides solutions to optimize the business and operations of TV station operators. TV station operators use TV Dissector to analyze the development and activity of users and viewership of live broadcast, play on-demand and playbacks, generate accurate statistics about the conversion of their electronic program guide pages and advertising activities, and optimize product packages and pay-per-view businesses. The capabilities of TV Dissector include: • Full coverage of TV terminals. TV Dissector covers a wide range of TV terminals, including terminals used for over-the-top content delivery, internet protocol television, cable television, satellite television and terrestrial television. It supports various types of software terminal products such as browsers and mobile applications. • User development and activeness analysis. TV Dissector collects data on user development, such as user installations and removals, and net user growth, and provides user development analysis based on the timeframe and geographic distribution of the users. It also analyzes user activity based on the frequencies and length of usage, classifies the users based on activity, and helps operators understand the changes in user activity and reasons for those changes. • Viewership analysis. Unlike traditional methods of measuring viewership, TV Dissector does not rely on sampling but collects viewership data directly from the TV terminals and provides accurate viewership data related to live broadcast, based on which customers use TV Dissector to analyze and evaluate the viewership, competitiveness and programming of their channels and programs. • Play on-demand and playback analysis. TV Dissector analyzes the play on demand and playback data and helps operators understand content preferences and user viewing habits. Based on that analysis, operators adjust their content acquisitions, selection of content providers and recommendations on their electronic program guide to improve the user experience. • Product package analysis. TV Dissector provides analysis for the subscription and usage of different product packages and helps operators to optimize the performance of their product packages. • Electronic program guide analysis. TV Dissector collects data related to user visits to the electronic program guide. Our customers utilize the “heat map” feature to understand the user behaviors, use TV Dissector to analyze the page conversion rate, and improve the user experience of the electronic program guide. • User experience analysis. TV Dissector collects data related to system errors, video streaming failure, delays and buffering. Our customers use this data to identify key issues in their broadcasting and enhance the user experience by allocating resources more efficiently to resolve such issues.
Video Dissector is our online video content analytics tool for discovering the most valuable or attractive parts in the video content. It provides analysis of viewer behavior and solutions for optimizing the online video content. The capabilities of Video Dissector include: • Online video operation analysis. Video Dissector goes beyond traditional performance indicators and analyzes the performance of online video content by tracking metrics such as effective play count, average play count, average fluency, bounce rate and number of unique viewers. Our customers customize the sorting of this data to help them to evaluate the overall performance of their video content. • Video content evaluation. Video Dissector collects data about the frequency, length and completeness of video plays to analyze the quality of the video content. Using our proprietary CV/CS (Clip Views/Clip Sessions) and frame-by-frame tracking technologies, customers evaluate the most effective parts of the video content and edit the content to make it more appealing to viewers. • Viewer analysis. Video Dissector collects data about viewers’ geographic locations, operating systems and sources. Operators use this data to understand the viewer base and analyze viewer preferences. • Online video performance analysis. Video Dissector collects and analyzes the availability and performance data of online videos, including the rate of successful play, buffering time and bit rate of transmissions. Video website operators use this data to measure the efficiency of content delivery network acceleration and enhance the user experience by improving the streaming efficiency.
Streaming Dissector is our real-time viewership analysis and operational efficiency monitor for digital online video. Unlike traditional methods of measuring viewership, Streaming Dissector does not rely on viewer sampling, but continually monitors all viewers of the streaming video. The capabilities of Streaming Dissector include:
• Real-time streaming monitoring. Streaming Dissector delivers real-time tracking of global audiences for digital online video. It collects viewer data at the client side, without reliance on sampling, and processes it to assess the efficiency and quality of the digital online video broadcast in real time.
• Content delivery network monitoring. Assuring the quality of the viewing experience of live broadcast content is critical to the operations of internet TV stations. Streaming Dissector’s real time monitoring function enables internet TV stations to track the quality of the streaming at the geographic locations of its viewers in real time. Internet TV stations leverage this feature to optimize their content delivery network to ensure smooth streaming of the live broadcast.
• Reporting and alerting. Streaming Dissector provides reports and alerts in standard configurations as well as in customer-defined configurations. Alerts include deterioration in streaming performance, falling traffic, and declining user satisfaction metrics. Alerts are delivered through channels such as email, text messages and push notifications on the Streaming Dissector user interface so that operations personnel take real-time actions to resolve problems and enhance performance of their video streams.
• Real-time rating analysis. Streaming Dissector collects viewership data for multiple channels, programs and video content, as well as information about viewers’ geographic locations and viewing devices. Leveraging more comprehensive and accurate data, internet TV stations analyze viewership ratings and adjust programming to enhance viewership ratings.
• Multi-platform support. Streaming Dissector not only supports desktop-based mainstream media platforms such as Flash and Silverlight, but also supports mobile video platforms on devices using both iOS and Android operating systems. This flexibility ensures a more comprehensive monitoring of streaming on different devices and also enables our customers to analyze their audience composition by users of different devices.
Rating Dissector is our television viewing data analytics tool for traditional TV stations. Rating Dissector automatically combines traditional viewership log data with the channels and programs of the TV stations and generates viewership analysis. The management and operation personnel of the TV stations easily access the analysis via computers and mobile phones. Rating Dissector provides search functionality that supports complex multi-dimension data searches, and alerting feature that provides monitoring and malfunction alerting related to program broadcasts. The capabilities of Rating Dissector include:
• Automatic generation of viewership data. Rating Dissector automatically loads traditional viewership log data into the system, matches them with other relevant data and generates the viewership analysis based on such data. Customers use Rating Dissector to promptly obtain overall viewership status of the TV station, including the viewership of each channel, the latest viewership trend and contribution rates, the latest viewership and ranking of satellite channels and the geographic distribution for the viewership of satellite channels.
• Viewership analysis. Rating Dissector provides analysis for the viewership of the satellite channels, including a comparison against the performance of other national satellite channels. Our customers use Rating Dissector to analyze the viewership, market shares, rankings, daily viewership trends and national viewership distributions of their satellite channels. Rating Dissector also provides analysis for viewership within one particular geographic region.
• Program analysis. Rating Dissector tracks and analyzes the programs designated by our customers, and performs drill down analysis at deeper levels of data based on the different types of the programs. Our customers use Rating Dissector to track the national or local viewership trend of programs, obtain ranking data of the news, TV series and variety shows of all channels, and analyze the viewership of each piece of news in a news program.
Gridsum Dashboard is our data visualization tool for our business intelligence solutions. It is used for interactive data mining and visualized data analysis. Gridsum Dashboard integrates charts, graphics and tables from various data sources, and displays them on a single multi-screen interface. It offers pre-configured data visualization templates and provides customers with options to customize their data displays.
Gridsum Dashboard improves visualization of customer digital intelligence data, so that customers understand the business operations in a timely and intuitive manner, and provides business intelligence support for decision-makers. The capabilities of Gridsum Dashboard include:
•Real-time connection to data. Gridsum Dashboard connects directly to our distributed data warehouse, and integrates, processes and displays data in real-time, so that the data displayed on screen for customers is the most updated.
•Visualization templates. Gridsum Dashboard allows customers to select from and customize various pre-configured visualization templates that are based on our commercial experience.
•Access control. Gridsum Dashboard has powerful access control functions that give access to displays of different datasets to different users. It also provides guidance to system administrators in connection with granting access to the users.
•User-friendly interface. Gridsum Dashboard’s user-friendly interface is easy for customers to configure and use without our assistance. We use cutting-edge visualization technology to display complex data in a professional and intuitive manner, so customers easily and directly interact with the data and perform drill down analysis to deeper levels of data.
Gridsum Report Center is our automated report generation and distribution tool. Gridsum Report Center supports data reporting for all of our solutions, allows for the aggregation of data from multiple dimensions, customizes and creates report templates, and configures report distribution. The unique data integrity verification capability of Gridsum Report Center makes report preparation convenient and improves the visual quality and accuracy of reports. The capabilities of Gridsum Report Center include:
• Seamless integration. Gridsum Report Center easily connects with all our solutions, to support the report generation on a single integrated platform, and generates either single-solution or cross-solution reports.
• Data integrity verification. Gridsum Report Center automatically runs tests for the completeness and correctness of the processed data before distribution. This feature ensures that the data report generated from Gridsum Report Center contains complete, accurate and updated data.
• Multiple methods for report distribution. Gridsum Report Center provides periodic distribution functions based on different distribution cycles and allows users to set up the exact time for automated distributions. Users also have the option to distribute the reports manually in real-time.
• Reusable report templates. Gridsum Report Center easily imports and exports data reports that have been created. Users reuse the data report template for future reports, reducing duplicative effort and improving efficiency.
• Combination of data from multiple dimensions. Gridsum Report Center provides flexible options for customers to select data from different dimensions and metrics collected by different solutions, and to combine that data into a single integrated report. Our customers further customize the configurations, layouts and presentations of their reports.
Audience Analysis & Marketing Automation
Audience Dissector is our audience analysis product. It combines offline user data from customer management systems with our own online user behavior data and digital intelligence capabilities to identify high value and high loyalty users and improve customer returns on their marketing investments. The capabilities of Audience Dissector include:
• Intelligent customer relationship maintenance system. Audience Dissector tracks user perception, experience and purchases, analyzes user behavior, and continuously updates and verifies user profiles. Leveraging that information, customers improve user loyalty by providing diverse services that target different behaviors of different types of users, as well as promotional advertising.:
• Decision-making support and optimization. Audience Dissector integrates data from the customer’s user management system with online user behaviors, generates user profiles and identifies user preferences. It also provides user tagging information under different scenarios, such as online customer service, telemarketing, electronic direct email marketing and offline sales, and make recommendations for personalized communications. Audience Dissector also provides customized forecasts based on the updated model and future operation assumptions.:
• Flexible user behavior tagging management. Audience Dissector manages user behavior tags based on key performance indicators, and sorts and analyzes different user tags in its reports. Powerful categorization and clustering functions are used to categorize user behavior tags that are similar, and generate data to supports customer decision-making.:
• Flexible application programming interface. Audience Dissector has a flexible application programming interface, enabling it to integrate with customer IT systems and share data with our other solutions, such as Contribution Dissector and Ad Dissector.:
• Data security and privacy. Audience Dissector does not collect or publish without authorization any personally identifiable user information, such as name, ID number and home address.
SEO Dissector is our website analysis and search engine optimization (SEO) tool. It analyzes website quality and the website’s level of accessibility to various search engines. Customers use SEO Dissector to evaluate website performance, identify defects and make improvements. Customers also evaluate reports of keyword search results on different search engines, enabling them to optimize their websites to improve their organic rankings on search engine results pages. The capabilities of SEO Dissector include:
• Accurate website analysis. SEO Dissector provides detailed reports of valid pages, invalid pages, and pages on the website that are hard for search engines to index. The report shows the specific web address of each abnormal web page and provides precise data support for customers to fix their websites or optimize them for effective searching. SEO Dissector also provides statistics of keywords distribution on the website, and analyzes how different sections of the website are indexed by search engines.
• Multi-dimensional analysis of keywords ranking. By analyzing massive amounts of keyword searches, SOE Dissector reveals information on the organic search rankings of customer websites, as well as the rankings of their competitors’ sites. SEO Dissector provides search results rankings based on different types of keywords, including overall rankings and changes in rankings, statistical results across different ranking intervals, and provides data for searches conducted on both personal computers and mobile devices.
• Rich and intuitive presentation of analysis results. SEO Dissector displays results in many visual formats, such as bar charts, pie charts, trend charts and data reports, enabling customers to quickly identify the pros and cons of their websites and deploy reasonable optimization solutions.
• Practical utility tools. SEO Dissector’s utility tools include: a URL index search tool that provides statistics about whether specified URLs are indexed by specific search engines; a social media optimization tool that analyzes customer website performance on search engines, monitors reputation of customer brands, and facilitates customer publications on social networks; and a real-time organic search results monitoring tool.
• Flexible customization. SEO Dissector allows our customers, based on their own preferences, budget and strategic focus, to add or customize keyword search term packages, schedule website crawling for immediate or recurring executions and to conduct analysis.
Recommendation Engine is our data driven content recommendation solution for customers delivering adaptive video, news and e-commerce content on websites, mobile apps, and Internet protocol television terminals. By accumulating user behavior data, Recommendation Engine continuously captures user preferences and improves the accuracy of its recommendations. The capabilities of Recommendation Engine include:
• Mainstream mobile operating system data collection and analysis. Recommendation Engine supports data collection and analysis on all mainstream mobile operating systems.
• Optimized for industry verticals. Leveraging the Gridsum Big Data Platform, Recommendation Engine develops strategies to improve the accuracy of recommendations and user experience for industry verticals.
• Personalized recommendations for mobile application contents. Recommendation Engine provides recommendations to users of customer mobile apps by analyzing the mobile app user’s content, behavior and social network activity, and provides personalized user recommendations.
• Powerful content management platform. Recommendation Engine’s powerful and easy-to-use content management platform reduces learning time and cost for system operators.
& Mgmt Platform
Ad Dissector is our advertisement performance monitoring and optimization product. It monitors and analyzes banner, rich media and text link and other advertising formats, and leverages our core technology to provide optimization solutions. Advertisers and advertising agencies use Ad Dissector to measure performance of online advertising and allocate media resources to improve returns. The capabilities of Ad Dissector include:
• User-friendly placement management. Ad Dissector guides customers through user-friendly interface to display ad performance results for any advertiser, program, media, channel, location, advertisement or dimension, with trend graphs and easy export of data.
• Convenient scheduling management. Ad Dissector supports batch import of scheduling data and facilitates ad monitoring code generation with the push of a button. Project changes, such as landing pages, are made effective immediately.
• Real-time data tracking. Advertising data is monitored in real time. Monitored data includes number of exposures, clicks, total price, scheduling total, IP exposures, IP clicks, individual exposure, individual clicks, , page views, number of visits, average length of visit, visits per page, total orders, number of events, total value of events, and total price of orders. Ad Dissector also issues alerts for failures in execution of scheduled ad placement.
• Powerful multi-source data correlation analysis. By integrating data collected by Ad Dissector and Web Dissector, customers can display customized performance indicators on the system interface, obtain conversion or sales data attributable to advertisement displays and clicks, and glean reliable data on their channels and returns on investment. They can also more accurately capture correlations between the user’s long term behavior and conversion or sales data, make reasonable assessments of the performance of cross-media advertising campaign, evaluate the value of different channels, and optimize their online businesses.
• Comprehensive report configuration. Customers use Ad Dissector to configure visually powerful reports that suit their particular needs. Data can be exported easily through scheduled email functions to present fresh data as needed.
SEM Dissector is our analytics tool for search engine marketing (SEM). SEM Dissector automates processes for advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising account managers, while providing more comprehensive, objective and transparent performance reports. SEM Dissector supports simultaneous management of multiple accounts and grouping of customized keywords with major Chinese search engines, including Baidu, Sogou and Qihoo 360. Built-in analytical models guide customers to optimize keyword advertising, and automatic bidding algorithms monitor competitors’ advertising activities and make appropriate bids automatically. It includes extensive keyword support, automatic bidding algorithms and integration with multiple search engines. The capabilities of SEM Dissector include: • Customer data integration and KPI customization. SEM Dissector integrates data from search engine advertising keyword data, such as number of displays, number of clicks and ad spending, with keyword ad performance data, such as page views, length of visit, conversion, sales and the like. • Keyword advertising management. Customers manage multiple keyword accounts on a single integrated platform, which provides comparative analysis of the performance of keyword advertising in different timeframes. • Report customization. Customers use SEM Dissector to customize and generate reports for different keywords and KPI combinations within selected timeframes, and export the reports to Excel format documents. • Automatic advertising placement and bid management. SEM Dissector optimizes advertising results by monitoring target keywords and automatically adjusting bid process according to pre-set target rankings and pricing strategies. • Attribution model. SEM Dissector traces user visit data over the past 12 months and uses built-in attribution models to analyze the performance indicators of the keyword advertising. Customers use these models to allocate weightings on different performance indicators and identify the sources attributable to those indicators.
Government Web Dissector is our digital intelligence solution for public sector websites, providing operators at local, municipal, provincial and national levels with real-time website operating data and digital intelligence that is similar to what is provided to commercial customers by our Web Dissector solution. Our public sector customers use Government Web Dissector to optimize the quality and efficiency of online public services, such as driver’s license applications
and marriage certificate applications. It provides pixel-level heat maps and multi-dimension drill down analysis of user behavior on public-facing governmental websites, in compliance with relevant user privacy policies. In addition to the features available from the standard Web Dissector, the capabilities of Government Web Dissector include:
• Public service performance metrics. Government Web Dissector collects online user interaction data to measure performance of the website in terms of customer-defined performance indicators. It also provides real-time statistics on changes in relevant data and reports data trends.
• Intelligent diagnostics across websites. Government Web Dissector provides cross-website diagnostics, and detects user activity hot-spots and the steps users take to complete certain tasks, in order to improve user experience and satisfaction.
Nike—Optimizing Search Engine Marketing with SEM Dissector Nike, a global sportswear supplier, used SEM Dissector to manage its search engine keyword campaigns for its own website and third-party e-commerce platforms. SEM Dissector associated online users’ search behaviors with their purchase behaviors, highlighting paths that customers took from search to purchase. SEM Dissector allowed Nike to dynamically aggregate and reorganize search esults data for its large and frequently updated product inventory using virtual category reporting within SEM Dissector, rather than requiring changes to its campaigns through search engine providers. These capabilities enabled Nike to improve its return on investment in paid search channels.
CNTV—Optimizing Viewer Experience with Streaming Dissector CNTV, a national internet TV broadcasting entity, used Streaming Dissector to monitor video player performance in real-time. Video performance was measured in terms of video availability, initial loading time, number and duration of pauses and other performance indicators at the user end. Streaming Dissector successfully monitored the viewing experience for all end users in real time and provided operational optimization support for CNTV’s live online broadcasting of the 2014 FIFA WorldCup Final, with an audience of nearly 5 million viewers accessing the stream from CNTV’s website and mobile apps.
Shanghai Volkswagen—Managing Ad Performance for Large Network of Dealers with Ad Dissector Shanghai Volkswagen, the China joint venture of a large automobile manufacturer, used Ad Dissector to customize a system to track the performance of online and offline media campaigns by its leading network of regional dealers. Ad Dissector used media spending data to quantitatively assess the performance of those campaigns and to calculate a standard per dealer advertising budget. This enabled Shanghai Volkswagen to provide specific dealer campaign feedback to improve their campaigns and to implement an optimized advertising strategy across the network.
Homeinns Hotel Group—Tracing Customers’ Online Paths to the Hotel with Contribution Dissector Founded in 2002, Homeinns Hotel Group is the leading economy hotel chain in China in terms of market share, number of hotels and hotel rooms and brand recognition. Homeinns Hotel Group uses digital medial channels in addition to traditional media in order to assess the effectiveness of various digital advertising channels in order to grow its market share. Homeinns utilized the attribution model in Contribution Dissector to analyze long-term customer behavior and the combination and sequence of events across digital channels correlated with choice of hotels. This enabled Homeinn to allocate its advertising budget across digital marketing channels more effectively, capture more potential ustomers and increase customer loyalty.
Coca-Cola—Gaining App Marketing Insights with Mobile Dissector Coca-Cola, a global beverage supplier, used Mobile Dissector to evaluate its mobile app marketing campaign and optimize the marketing strategy. Mobile Dissector monitored app downloads in various app stores and offline channels and assessed the results by channel. Mobile Dissector also analyzed user in-app behavior to identify frequently used functions, common visitor paths and error and exception messages, in order to provide more effective support for optimization of the app and better user experience.
Chrysler (China)—Connecting Online and Offline Data with AD Suite Chrysler (China), the China joint venture of a global automobile manufacturer, used multiple solutions in our AD Suite, including Web Dissector, Ad Dissector and Contribution Dissector, to support its marketing and sales programs. Chrysler connected and integrated online and offline customer data, including display ad impression data, website visits, online sales leads and dealer sales data, in order to better assess ad results and guide Chrysler’s marketing decisions.
Haier Group—Understanding User Demand and Behavior with Web Dissector
Haier Group is a leading consumer electronics and home appliances company committed to providing the ‘‘wonderful lifestyle’’ to consumers worldwide. In December 2012, Haier announced the commencement of its fifth development phase since its inception in 1984, which is the ‘‘internet phase.’’ Understanding user demand and behavior for online shopping is a key building block for Haier to implement its internet strategy. With the installation of Web Dissector for desktop and mobile internet, Haier was able to accurately monitor and analyze its website traffic, promotion activities and individual consumer’s online behavior. This provided critical support for Haier’s marketing automation operations, improved user experience, and helped Haier to achieve its internet strategy.
Peking University Law School—Using Media Dissector to Identify Trends in News Reporting In advance of the 2015 annual report of the PRC Supreme People’s Court, Peking University Law School used Media Dissector to publish its own report about public perceptions of the court’s regulations, policies and rulings. Media Dissector used various text mining techniques to digest more than 30,000 mainstream news reports during 2014 and reconstructed the spread chains of the important events. Media Dissector summarized the ten topics of most interest, eight of which were also highlighted by the Supreme People’s Court in its report.